Tuesday, April 3, 2012

DJ Belal - The Real House Party


Tapemasta: Now here's where you get a real history lesson from DJ Belal ( Martin Lawrence played him in the House Party movie ) & believe me, there's more coming in the upcoming weeks about this thing we call HIP HOP !! This was done today & it was real quick..lol !! Salute to Belal for doing this & it's time for people to know..Hit him up on Facebook & let him know what's up !!

Belal: What up my peoples and good afternoon. Before i get on my practice grind i just wanted to share something with yall. When i do a interviews about house party and those back in the day great times we had as a real hip hop nation and we wear a nation. Dont know what hip hop is doing now but thats a hole nother topic lol but I tell them this. I grew up in a town called Wyandanch, NY and living there was a house party. Every day we could we partied all over long island all had stories and memories like i had like sitting on the stoop on Wyandanch Day DJ Pleasure, DJ Mechanic DJ Nelson PR & DJ Motor, in Wyandanch park rocking the breakbeats,like sitting on the stoop on S26th st listening to the kaos krew rock at the Hunter's House,our listening to DJ Maniac practice on 29th street while Dr Say is rocking his beatbox better than Grand Master Flash. Now y'all notice i hadn't left my yard yet lol because my mother wasn't haven't it at all god bless her i love you MOM. Now when i was able to leave the block lol now that is when i made my own memories of house parties & what i called the good ol days. Like getting in my first krew The Almighty 5 Mc's our version lol, being at Teddy Oaks house and he djaying and we practicing our rhymes in his house and meeting a young 12 year old lil dude we called Kid splash aka Rakim and realizing right then this dude hear is special. The Almighty G stro, Paul Porter, Mike Mitchell ,Mac, Fred Cox, Scully and me Super B on the mic thats right i started as a MC until i heard Rakim and said this ain't for me lol. Being in Ted's back yard making speaker boxes by hand and putting Realistic speakers in them because we had a battle some wear and strapping that big ass speaker to Mikes car and getting on the Southern State pkw and not giving a damm about the cops stopping us because we had to get to the house party in Bayshure lmao i can't make this stuff up it happen. like going to DJ Doc's house and watching him and Dj Medusa get busy, like going to my first Wyandanch day and watching what a real crew suppose to be like Cool Breez & the love Brothers when Breez brought his system out and he glided to the dj booth and lit a cigarette and started cutting i said OMGGGGG I WANT TO BE A DJ NOWWWWWWWWWWWW lol. Now that is was real swag to me.like when the love brothers use to get ready to rhyme Love brother #1 Snake L LOVE brother # 2 Ron Drew ,Love brother #3 The Kid Wizard Rakim,love brother #4 MC Blade and Canard Brown at the rope as security ready to punch somebody in the face if the passed that rope lol. Now hear is the good part you had The Mighty Infinity Machine from queens on the Basketball courts with about 30 Cerwin Vegas & 3 5FT Racks of crown amps and we all we saying is how in the hell Cool Brezz going to beat them? He threw on the first record and it was Jimmy Spicier's Dollar Bill and after that he threw on the instrumental and the love brothers started there routine lol. BATTLE OVER THEY PACKED UP ALL THERE STUFF BECAUSE THERE WAS NOBODY OVER THERE ANYMORE AND LEFT THE PARK AND WE PARTIED TO 3 IN THE MORNING WITH THE LIGHTS ON IN WYANDANCH PARK NO COPS BOTHERING US. I can't make this stuff up i was there lol. I learned that night that you dont let nobody come and out do you in your hood, town, office whatever you wanna call it. The only krew that could come close to them to me was dj skip krew the untouchables with Super Star and Amazing A from out of Amityville they was nice too..I'm not finish yet lol being on 28th street with Nate, Kevin Keith, Amazing Jay. Carlton Keith and my dude Cheebo R.I.P my dude Practicing to battle the Royal Nation from North Babylon at 109 skating ring lol and Nate running down the street saying hey yall i got Dr. SAYS BEATBOX HE LET ME HOLD IT AND WE WAS LIKE WOWWWWW LETS TRY IT OUT NOW BEFORE HE CHANGE HIS MIND LOL. Now do yall know that my father sold Nate his first keyboard and first 4 track recorder and he took that home and never looked back i can't make this stuff up i was THERE LOL.Now my senior year BIG SHOUTS TO THE CLASS OF 83 LOVE YALL. Back to my story LOL i told my mother & father i don't want to go to know prom our nothing all i want is two turntables a mixer & cerwin vega speaker. When i graduated the next day my father took me to Jamaica Ave 165th the brick road and bought me two JVC Belt drive turntables and a Gemini mixer with the echo on it and my mother bought me 1 cerwin vega speaker from the black love krew lol and i went down in my basement for six months with my boy Keith Johnson got some lessons from DJ Warren of how to mix my next door neighbor lol and came up from the dungeon a beast and my first gig as a dj was at the gemini lounge only the Danch know what im talking about now and you got to be over 40 to lol. Now here is one of my favorites hearing Biz Markie for the first time at Wyandanch park and we all looking at him saying is he retarded? What in the hell is he doing lmao? Our playing at the Wyandanch High School Valentines Day Dance and Biz comes to me and say GIVE ME THE MIC I GOT GRANDMASTER FLASH OUTSIDE & I'M BIZ MARKIE & I SAY YO IF YOU TOUCH MY MIC ONE MORE TIME IM GOING TO KICK YOU IN YOUR NECK I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE LMAO. Now yall know that Biz grabbed that mic anyway and chill had to restrain me from getting biz lol & after the party was a a mike & dave flyer on the floor and i look at it and there is biz on it and he comes back and we both apologized to each other and we been close freinds ever since.Our hear is another one doing a party in Brentwood at Aprils house and it was just me & Rakim and the Rock Squad and Ra hit them with the 7 Mc's in a line rhyme and the look on they face was pricless because it was 7 of them lol. Hear is another one djaying in the park on Wyandanch Day and Groove coming up to me and saying i want you to dj for the Rock Squad LOL. Now hear is one of my favorites Michael Mitchell leaving me outside in front of my house with all my equipment for 2hrs and he come back with a car full of girls and i cursed everybody out in the car and he came back a hour later throws my brand new vinal caffein in the trunk of his Doge Plymouth and scratches it all up just to go do a house party across the tracks omg i was so mad at him now thats House Party lol. Our me and Chill pulling up in his dads pickup truck and he get out with the hat with the silver dollars in it to your house party our your back yard party Troy Denise & Nina Hill. Our better yet being at shakey Steavs house party and Troy Hills cuzin dislocates her knee because she tried to do the biz dance i can't make this stuff up i waS THERE LOL. Now from 1984-1987 that was the time when we all had some of the best times in our HOUSE PARTY ASS LIVES LMAO let me set the seens FOR YOU. Me, Chill E Dawg, Groovy Groove, Rakim ,Biz, Nate and Speedy Speed at every house party, back yard party high school party, High School Talent show In the Wyandanch high school lunch room. every Wyandanch day AND MY BASEMENT. DO YALL REMEMBER? Do yall remember when Biz use to do the beatbox in front of The Wyandanch High School and Chill & Rakim be rapping in the front. We made the high school a house party and they didn't even know it lol. how about this i ask my mother if i could do a party in the basement for some new equipment and she say ok & yall coming to my basement parties and you would pay a doller and it would be like no lie everybody in the basement jamming no drinking mostly lol and no weed smoking at all mom wasn't having that either lol and the walls was sweating AND YOU COULD HEAR A PIN DROP WHEN RAKIM OPENED HIS MOUTH AND EVERYBODY INCLUDING ERIC B IN THE CORNER LISTINING SAID WHAT THE HELL HE SAY LOL? & i count up and i would have $800 on $1 at the end of the night our more every time i gave one. I remember my sisters Nee Nee & Qiy Qiy and lupe getting ready for a basement party at the house and they beat this dude up from Huntington because he was trying to play my sister and these 3 fools jump him put knots all over his head and we pull up and we say wear he at and Nee say some wear bleeding lmao,Our hear is another favorite this dude tried to get rowdy at one of my basement parties and Alvin Tony came up to him and say hey man chill we just wanna party and have fun this dude was like F you lol wrong answer lol. Before i knew Alvin had knocked this kid out drugged up the stares and laid him down on the front lawn and my mother asked me who is this boy on my lawn laid out lmao. I can't make this stuff up I WAS THERE LMAO. If you knew my group Groove B Chill and you came to all those parties back then you would know the term Dragon breath was a routine we use to do at all the parties NOT ABOUT MY BREATH LOL. Don't yall remember the party at the straight path school when Mr. Abel had the group whistle come and we did dragon breath with Nate and biz did his first record Roxanne Revenge and Rakim had not even made his record yet? Dont yall remember when Rakim did my melody at the talent show I got one more for you my favorite. The scene: i'm in my backyard and im practicing for a party at about 12 noon and all of a sudden i got the HOLE 11TH GRADE AND 12TH GRADE AND HALF THE 10TH GRADE IN MY BACKYARD PARTYING LIKE IT WAS 12 AT NIGHT LOL AND THE PRINCIPLE MR HALL AND MRS.GRAY PULL UP AND EVERYBODY STARTS TO RUN AND JUMPING THE GATE GOING IN THE WOODS TRYING TO GET AWAY & THEY LOOK AT ME AND SAY WHAT ARE YOU DOING BELAL? NOW IM OUT OF SCHOOL I TELL THEM PRACTICING LOL & MY MOTHER PULL UP FROM WORK AND ALL SHE COULD DO WAS LAUGH AND SAY THESE KIDS ARE CRAZY BELAL LOL.No we wasn't crazy in the mind we was crazy for the music crazy to have fun lol now that is a HOUSE PARTY LOL.Im going to stop because i can go all week on this subject but the reason i wrote this to say this The House Party was based on the things we saw at all of our House Parties we went to and did in Wyandanch, Amityvile, Brentwood, CI, Baysure, Corm, Freeport, Roosevelt, Uniondale & were ever you use to rock on Long Island. But my base was Wyandanch and it made me into what i am today & i woudn't change a thing. One more thing Long Island has a great base in Real Hip Hop it brought the world some of the greatest groups that was ever assembled the came from lONG ISLAND I DON'T HAVE TO SAY THERE NAMES YOU ALREADY KNOW THEM. If you have any house party memories share with me i would love to get a good laugh because we was nuts and crazy in a good way HIP HOP WAS LIFE FOR US THEN . NOW I PRESENT TO YOU EXCLUSIVE HOUSE PARTY ON THE SET PICS I TOOK NEVER BEFORE SEEN. THIS HAD TO BE ONE OF THE BEST TIMES I HAD IN MY LIFE BEEING APART OF IT & THANK YOU REGGIE & WARINGTON HUDDLING & ANDREA HARRELL FOR BELIEVING IN GROOVE B CHILL AND TELLING OUR LIFE MEMORIES THE RIGHT WAY SOMETHING THAT EVERYBODY THAT CAN RELATE TO BECAUSE WE ALL ARE LEGENDS FROM THE HOUSE PARTY. BIG SHOUTS TO THE HOLE WYANDANCH KREW & THE LONG ISLAND KREW.ENJOY PEACE AND LOVE GROOVE B CHILL THE DANCH FOR LIFE...

4 comments:

  1. good read my brother, i hope you got paid for them using your story and name as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe he did & people needs to understand what's going on around them..No more of these websites pushing cds on you with no substance..Real dj's doing this & now it's time to show people why !! The summer is going to be fun..lol !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Big Mark (Mark Tirotta) from the Danch!! I grew up during this same time, and remember most of this wild stuff happening. I was at the Wyandanch Admin building, when Biz did the Biz dance for the first time, and actually was at the talent show when I first saw Belal scratching with his sneaker...that sh@# was ILL!!!! Don't sleep on LI; we have lots of HIP-HOP history!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Everybody,

    Below are the most recommended Bitcoin exchanges (BUY/SELL):
    Coinbase: $1 min. exchange
    CoinMama

    Get free bitcoins with the best Bitcoin faucet rotator:
    IACBit.org Faucet Rotator

    ReplyDelete