Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Art Of Cassettes V29 ( Mixtape Madness )

The 90's is what makes all this unique & if you wasn't there..Then you missed out on alot of stuff..The songs was there..but there's remixes that alot of you missed. This generation got famous with MYSPACE, TWITTER, FACEBOOK..Some current dj's don't know what it was to go from store to store..Same with the collectors, i went from BROOKLYN TO MANHATTAN, THE BRONX & QUEENS..THEN BACK TO BROOKLYN !! My portable cassette player was on total play back in the 90's with these tapes..So enough talk, time to check out 1200 ASSASSIN & THE TAPE WAS CALLED THE MAIN INGREDIENT !!

4 comments:

  1. ah yes these youngsters know nothing about trekking from record store to record store dropping hundreds of dollars on tapes and vinyl, just to hear someone say "oh shit where'd you cop that from?" yellow walkmans, an 8pk. of AA batteries, and the latest cassettes was how i used to roll. sometimes skipping class to go get it before everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, i use to go to the wholesaler & get a dozen of AA batteries..Then on my ride home on the train, i would listen to one whole side of a tape..then half of the other side..before the weekend came i had over 25 mixtapes per week..now remember i was cool with Sandy ( 149th ) & steve ( stereo palace/plaza)..so i had all the new tapes..damn, i miss those days..lol !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man yall had it good cause I bought a couple of them a week or sometimes two weeks and check this out, I sometimes took a longer bus route home just to hear most of the tapes in entirety or at least one half, on top of that I would blast my sounds on a crowded bus so they could hear what I was jamming off of!! !200 Assassins was kickin it I enjoyed this one!!!Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ol, I do that today with my Bose headphones. my itouch is mostly filled 90's mixtapes..i can't rock with today's mixtapes..like i say to each their own..believe me, i'm down with today's technology..but not with the music..

    ReplyDelete