Sunday, June 21, 2009

Loyal 2 Da Game - Why I Do This !!


Sometimes you have to step back & see what's around you..I personally do this because i can & i don't a problem sharing my joints ( Today's mixtapes & dj's are weak & lame - itunes, limewire made the dj's weak & lazy - which was one of the reasons why i do this ). I don't get a check for dropping these here & i don't appreciate people talking shit on what i should do or why ( But when i do best believe that fire won't stop ). I've been in this longer than alot of you can remember why you got that first mixtape of yours. Once again, i enjoy sharing my joints with people ( I don't have a problem boosting peoples collection - but when you take & don't acknowledge it - then you need to get disrespected - remember this is the WWW & your ip number follows you where ever you go - even if you change the sharing company)..Me & King Apex started doing mixtape reviews years before they came into The Source Magazines, XXL, etc..I think you get the point now. I've been down with the Mixtape Awards for years - I luv mixtapes & people always try to shut it down on some real stupid shit - but they don't seem to realize all they do is make it more popular !! The record labels thought they could take advantage of it & it backed fired on them..Mixtapes is a part of hip hop & now people can realize it !! We got a good thing going with this blog thing & we need to keep it going !! Once again, props to the people who's doing it on mixtapes, blogs, websites, magazines, etc !! Also a big shout to those people who's been sending me emails about joints that they missed & found with me ( keep em coming )..I know how you feel because Gildog had found a joint for me & i was looking for it for years !! I play that shit it least twice a day..Hands down, SOUL & Gildog made me drop joints everyday..which i appreciate both of them more now & i can't stop !! Also props to King Apex for bringing back that real hip hop feel & let's show them how we use to do it !! Ol Skool, Brandan, Ogbeez, Marioka, Pos2, Andyman, Mike, Omega, Bzwron, Hevehitta, Unexpected & others keep doing your thing !! Also to NASbooks let's show them why we can't be stopped !! To my Rapmullet fam ( Dimez & Big Chew ) we changed the game..PS: I got more joints to drop all over the place ( Magazines, Websites & blogs )

6 comments:

  1. Tapemasta, very nice article. I didn't know that you were in a rap group, in Coney Island.. you're the mixtape hero, and you know it. :) I'm uploading more mixes in my blog: http://djmarioka.blogspot.com . One love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you man!!I'm coming back strong myself I got an improtant annoucement on the way!! I'm sure many of my loyal visitors will appreciate!! None the less thanks for your charisma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man you know I got your back. It is really import to me to let you know personally what you have done for me. Just look at your drops, 383 and counting. There is no way I would have been able to amass a collection like this had it not been for you and the rest of the fam! You have been the inspiration for me at my blog. There is not a day that goes by that I don't check everybody out for real. So again Tapemasta, thanks for everything. Not only the drops but the eduication. You are my brotha for life!!!! Sout out all my blog family(SOUL, Olskool, Brandon, OGBeez, Marioka, tapediggers, 238, djpos2, Andyman, and Tapemasta!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the article. Thanx for the respect your giving. I got to give you much respect for introducing me to mixtapes & dj's wich i never heard from your truly the Tapemasta. If it wasn't for you & the rest of the blog family (Olskool, Gildog, Brandan, Andyman, Djpos, Bzrwon, Marioka, Tapediggers, Ogbeez, Diggersunion) i probaly quit posting.
    The love you & the rest of the fam have for hip hop keeps me going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Believe me fellas, it real on my side & now the people is going to realize what's up now. Alot of us have that real luv for hip hop & now going to be shown..especially when alot of us are in different parts of the world..that's what impress me the most !! Mixtapes have always been my luv even back then..lol !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I just read the story and not too many people can live up to the same claims!! You are a phenomenom!! And I for one thank god for you and what you have given us!!!I didn't have that liberty to get mixtapes like that!!! they existed as party tapes for us!! I would chace after tapes of DJ's cuttin breaks so that I could rap over them then there was just wanting the hottest DJ's tapes. They were hard to get in Philly 4 sure!! But I'm certain many took the route you did and went to New York to get em , noe the less man you are the Tapemaster 4 real

    ReplyDelete